As International IDEA’s Staff Psychosocial Counsellor I provide specialised support on a range of issues that contribute to your experience of work-related stress and burnout. My role exists to assist you in addressing, coping with, as well as mitigating against;
Issues related to COVID-19:
- Fear and anxiety related to COVID-19
- Working from home and related stresses (care-giving obligations or loneliness)
- ‘Video call Fatigue’
- Fears and concerns related to returning to the office
Psychological/mental health concerns/issues affecting your work/life:
- Chronic work-related stress
- Personal/family issues affecting your work (work/life balance)
- Psychological effects owing to conflict or civil unrest in your country of residence/of origin
- Trauma related issues (Vicarious, Direct/PTSD) owing to work material, subject area or personal experience.
If you feel you may be facing any of these issues, or would simply appreciate the opportunity to discuss in a confidential space any aspect of your work-life which is causing you distress, please feel free to contact me.
We will have an initial consultation to discuss what is concerning you after which, if it is considered useful, up to 6 regular counseling sessions to address your needs.
You may request further sessions if you feel a need for support at a later stage or if the initial 6 sessions have been insufficient to address your issue/concerns.